Sunday, March 16, 2014

About Me

Yes, I’ll put myself out there, and you can correct any mistakes I make. I LOVE SPELLING and GRAMMAR! My family (including my mom) used me as Spell Check before Microsoft incorporated that wonderful function in their software. They STILL prefer, “Hey, Becca, how do you spell…” rather than looking it up or using Spell Check, even if they are currently typing in Microsoft Word. This makes it hard for me to teach my daughters the wonderful world of looking things up themselves, because my mother and husband have programmed me to answer, and answer quickly. Every once in a while, I’ll catch myself and actually tell Trinity to sound it out or tell Kira to look it up. Then I pat myself on the back!
            My name is Rebecca Hanson. My husband and I got married in 1999, and we have two wonderful daughters whom we are teaching to become young ladies. I love teaching and training in small groups or one-on-one. I had a taste of teaching in a preschool when I was 21, and I decided the classroom was NOT for me. However, I love guiding and teaching our daughters. The biggest challenge we have discovered is teaching them how to live in this world and still be children of God. I have received Godly counsel from many homeschooling moms, and I realize this is a journey for all of us. I want to share that journey with you.
            On this blog, you’ll find recommended curriculum and books, enjoy recipes for families learning and living according to the precepts from Trim Healthy Mama, visit homeschool families in my Meet the Family articles, and hopefully have a wonderful journey with homeschoolers in northern Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment